front view of Temple - photograph by Ph. De Gobert (AAM)

La Loge is located in a former Masonic temple built in 1934-1935 by Modernist architects Fernand Bodson and Louis Van Hooveld. The building had been commissioned by the Freemason Obedience Le Droit Humain, which was first implemented in Belgium in 1912.

The temple is part of a group of four houses – a garage and a house, both from 1927, and an artist's studio, from 1930 – designed by Fernand Bodson. The complex forms a small but exceptional Modernist site in Brussels.

Bodson and Van Hooveld's architectural project for the building breaks with the Egyptian style that had traditionally served as the main source of inspiration in the conception of Masonic temples and envisages instead the development of a modern temple in line with the progressive character of Le Droit Humain. The building hosted the activities of Le Droit Humain until 1976; from 1984 to 2011, the former lodge housed the Museum of the AAM (Archives d’Architecture Moderne).